With the correct pattern and fabric, living room curtain ideas give aesthetic look in the space. Colorful and elegant selections of drapery are a great way to add style and personality while decorating the windows. You can take all of them as consideration before purchasing one.
To make sure that you are selecting the right curtains, these several tips can guide you.
A variety of curtains and drapes come in different styles. Ones that suit the room style and the windows are surely good. Depending on what to pour into your living room, ideas can be flexible. Single panels can fit smaller spaces, while double panels are wonderful with classic and symmetrical look. You can decide whether to go formal or traditional by selecting the panels like pelmet or valence.
The type of heading is also an important element whether to pick French pleats, pencil pleats, grommets or pole pockets as the most popular to this day.
Light fabrics and heavy fabrics, each has different function to suit certain rooms than others. When it comes to climate, you decide the choice based on your area.
- Silk – Classic and traditional, silk curtains add a sense of formality particularly if you let them pleat and puddle on the floor. Silk fabric is a sheer quality that lets some light to pass through and by lining them you can cope with privacy issue.
- Cotton – Versatile and easy to clean, you can decide the style in your room whether formal or casual depending on the chosen color.
- Linen – Light and sheer, linen curtains are more casual in style.
- Velvet – luxurious yet heavy, you can make your living room windows majestic with this material curtain.
- Sheer – If you love to let natural lights to enter into your room, then this fabric is the right choice. However, privacy is become an issue with it.
Color and Pattern
Mixing and matching with existing furnishings like chairs, sofas or table will make the more exciting window treatment.
It does always matter including when selecting curtains for living room. At least, the size of the curtains should be the double width of the window. Dramatic, elegant, contemporary or any other style, the ideas are determined by size.
How to Hang Living Room Curtains
Hanging the curtains is traditionally by mounting the hardware above the top of the casing of the window a few inches. Or you can also choose to mount the hardware below the ceiling that simpler and makes higher look of the ceilings.
Decorative is the main purpose of setting window treatments. The curtains should be a visual space among major pieces in the room.